This might sound strange, but I promise this salad is AMAZING!
Fresh peaches (optional)
Chopped pecans (optional)
1. Fill a large salad bowl with baby spinach leaves
2. Slice fresh strawberries and throw in the bowl
3. Dice fresh preaches and add them in if you want
4. Crumble up a chunk of feta over everything
5. Toss in a couple handfuls of chopped pecans if you like some crunch
6. Drizzle with a small amount of italian dressing
7. Toss it all together and serve.
Life is short, so live it,
Is no time for holding back.
don’t give up, don’t just quit,
Time won’t cut one any slack.
this is not a time for hate,
For pointless petty grudges.
Happiness is what we need,
to truly live life at all.
And, with a good life lead,
Love for one, love for all.
This is a new favorite for the holidays! 🙂
1 cup eggnog
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
6-10 slices bread
1. Heat non-stick griddle or large non-stick frying pan on low.
2. Pour milk into a bowl or large measuring cup. Add eggs, vanilla, cinnamon,and nutmeg. Whisk well until thoroughly mixed. Pour into a rectangular baking dish.
3. Submerge two pieces of bread side by side in eggnog mixture, moving them around to be sure they are covered. After 30seconds to 1 minute, turn bread over by hand and submerge other side until pretty soggy.
4. Place soaked bread on hot griddle, and cook 2-3 minutes on the first side. Then, flip each piece over and cook another 1-2 minutes on the second side or until slightly firm in the center.
5. Place cooked french toast on a plate, and repeat steps 3-5 to cook the rest.
The french toast can be served plain or with powdered sugar and syrup or fruit. Serves 3-5 people depending on how much bread is used.
Obstacles and dreams go hand-in-hand,
to achieve them means to overcome.
those who succeed are those that stand,
not just sit waiting for them to come.
Stand on the mountain and own your self,
and leap to a life of achievement.
fears and snubs won’t keep it on the shelf,
When the passion for it can’t be pent.
Take the plunge, it’s time to shine.
Show your passion, say “This is mine”
Moments of comfort and pleasure,
like your bed on a rainy day,
those impossible to measure
that leave you complete in some way.
Being with the people you love,
after an absence much too long,
it envelopes you like a glove,
and feels sweeter than any song.
Cookies baking, the aroma.
So sweet with just a hint of spice
and the first soft bite, melting, ahhh
…Yes, it does feel that nice.
When you can convey how you feel,
with perfect words which flow and roll
from deep inside, sweet words so real.
Poetic words words can warm the soul.