This is a new favorite for the holidays! 🙂
1 cup eggnog
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
6-10 slices bread
1. Heat non-stick griddle or large non-stick frying pan on low.
2. Pour milk into a bowl or large measuring cup. Add eggs, vanilla, cinnamon,and nutmeg. Whisk well until thoroughly mixed. Pour into a rectangular baking dish.
3. Submerge two pieces of bread side by side in eggnog mixture, moving them around to be sure they are covered. After 30seconds to 1 minute, turn bread over by hand and submerge other side until pretty soggy.
4. Place soaked bread on hot griddle, and cook 2-3 minutes on the first side. Then, flip each piece over and cook another 1-2 minutes on the second side or until slightly firm in the center.
5. Place cooked french toast on a plate, and repeat steps 3-5 to cook the rest.
The french toast can be served plain or with powdered sugar and syrup or fruit. Serves 3-5 people depending on how much bread is used.